Tuesday, June 21, 2011

drawing of Nude after Matisse's Pink Nude (1935)

I visited the Jewish Museum in N.Y.C. a few days ago and saw an exhibition that included many of Matisse's works. Included in this exhibition is a painting of Matisse's "Pink Nude" that I find extremely interesting. This particular image of Matisse's is very bold and dynamic!
Anyway, I created this particular drawing based on Matisse's piece. Of course, it doesn't come close to the master's image. I owe my small effort to Matisse's work of art.

Here is my drawing entitled, "After Matisse's Pink Nude." It measures approximately 5.5 x 8 inches. And, I used india ink and archival pens to make this image.
If you wish to purchase this drawing, please click here.


Ruth Welter said...

Beautiful job Nina...I really like it.

My husband and I went to the museum of fine art in NYC last week, hadn't been there in a while actually. Had such a great time, found lots of inspiration and even got a little lost. : )

Happy painting.


nina kuriloff said...

Thanks so much!

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your museum visit last week!

Happy painting to you, too!

Rachel Cotterill said...

He has a very distinctive style, doesn't he? I like your sketch :)

nina kuriloff said...

Thanks for commenting, Rachel.

Yes, Matisse has a very distinctive style...one that is bold and dynamic. :)